Friday, May 30, 2008

Red Arrow

So this morning on the way to work there is this intersection where you can only make a right turn. So there are two signs that say no right turn on red. I only noticed the second sign perhaps a month ago (its been there for at least a year). Now, I had decided that the signs didn't apply to the right lane, only the left and that the purpose for the red arrow wasn't that you couldn't turn on red but just that there is no other direction to go in. So this morning as always I went and turned on the red light, there was a moment of pause, where I thought to myself "you are going to get a ticket" now usually when I think this I end up getting a ticket. So low an behold about half a mile down the highway I look in my review mirror and there is a CHP behind me. Now, I am merely waiting for the lights to go on. They do. So, I am now the proud recipient of a ticket for disobeying a right turn sign. (He let me off for the light.)

And as an aside, I realized that the cop was younger then me. I remember the day when I would get pulled over and always be younger then the cop. I am sad to say that those days are now over.

No comments: